Digital Forensics / Technology Consultancy / PAT Testing
Cogent Digital provides a diverse range of forensic and technical consultancy to an equally diverse range of clients, from setting up IT / networking equipment in people's homes and small businesses, PAT Testing, to digital forensic services for expert witnesses and other professionals.
Leveraging over 2 decades of experience in advanced digital image analysis, assisting forensic investigators, and working and lecturing in the IT industry, Cogent Digital has the background to help with a wide range of engagements.
Just some of our services:
Forensic Video and Image Analysis
Analysis of digital images and video to determine a range of variables.
Forgery and Modification Detection
Ascertain if an image, and often which areas of an image, have been modified, or if a video has been edited.
Using measurements of known objects in photographs, images, or video, to calculate the precise position or size of any other object(s) of interest.
Taking into account hardware and software factors such as sensor type, shutter type, shutter speed, codec, scan type, and the frame rate differences between the video source and recorder, the true reliability and error margins of timings and other variables in the video footage can be determined.
Calculate the speed of a vehicle from a variety of video and CCTV sources, augmented by police reports, drone footage, satellite imagery, and site surveys.
Mobile Phone Location and Usage Analysis
Analysis of mobile phone data events, mobile phone network events, and location data, obtained from mobile networks via police disclosure requests, e.g. CSP Grade 3 Vodafone/O2/EE/etc Data Events disclosures, Network Events (One Number) disclosures, etc.
Forensic Video and Image Enhancement
Using advanced software, custom algorithms, and specialised filters, to enhance, stabilise, and clarify video, sound, and images.
Expert Technical Knowledge and Advice
The intricacies of modern technology and software, for example GPS tracking, speed calculations, and the timing reliability issues of modern video systems, are typically unknown to most people, and indeed many experts, but are of critical importance to forensic investigators and legal professionals.
ELI5 (Explain Like I'm Five)
Translating technical, scientific and IT jargon to a friendly, simplified and layman-accessible language, suitable for effective expert witness courtroom testimony.
Portable Appliance Testing / PAT Testing
We offer PAT Testing services in the Dundee area, to small businesses, second-hand and charity shops reselling electrical goods, landlords/letting agencies, etc, that need to have electrical equipment PAT tested as part of their legal responsibility to their employers, customers, and tenants.
- In-service inspection and testing of most electrical equipment for their electrical safety
- Formal visual inspection of equipment and cables
- Inspection to determine damaged or faulty equipment
- Inspection of cable and plug (replacing plug if required and/or minor rewiring if required)
- Inspection of inside of plug, checking fuse rating, wiring, and connections (rewiring if required)
- Electrical tests
- Earthing / grounding continuity tests on Class 1 equipment
- Insulation resistance testing between the current carrying parts and any exposed metal that may be touched
- Polarity checks of plugs and cord extension sockets
- Application of PAT Pass/fail stickers
- Notifying the duty holder, if appropriate, of any issues discovered during the visit
- Issue of Test Certificate
- Issue of a PDF of the full test results for each item
Problems with your network? Something's not quite as "Plug and Play" as advertised? Need stuff from an old PC put on a new one? Your smart home isn't being very "smart"? We can help!
- Network / WiFi troubleshooting and testing
- Equipment purchasing advice
- Equipment setup
- Hardware issues
- Smart home
- Almost any problems that a friendly geek can help with (just ask!)
© 2016-, Cogent Digital.